Thursday 21 April 2011

Governmentality



This piece near Houston (I really should have brought my GPS logger) was commissioned by somebody....I don't know who. Anyways, I was talking to a guy about graffiti and tagging and we started discussing the movements of graffiti from street and on within New York. He was telling me about the difficulties with the authorities etc. This particular piece seemed to irritate him a little bit.

The wall in this picture was set aside for the purpose of graffiti. Contradictory in terms of what graffiti communicates on many levels.

Anyways, I said as my last photo from New York I would end on this note. With a piece that thins the line between appropriating parts of the street, and permitting actions in certain areas of the street that are unsocial in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment